Welcome to Top Hot Tubs
We’re here to answer Your Hot Tub Questions!
The prices of UK hot tubs have become more affordable, features have become more advanced, and more people are becoming acquainted with lots of hot tub information. To help you out, Top HotTubs provides some answers to the most common questions.
What Are The Benefits Of Owning a Hot Tub?
Many people today have long recognized the many medical and social benefits of a hot tub. After all, even the ancients recognized the therapeutic benefits of spas and hot springs. From the Greeks, Romans, Scandinavians, and even the Native Americans, the benefits of hot waters and spas were well-known. You get all these benefits with your own hot tub. It’s just that with a hot tub, you can get to use it anytime you want in the privacy of your own home.
- Benefits for families. A hot tub is usually designed for more than just one person. Some are designed for two people, which make them perfect for couples looking for a romantic way to relax. Others may be large enough to hold as many as 10 people, which should fit most families and groups of friends. Have a few drinks available, pipe in some relaxing music, and you get to enjoy a perfectly sociable evening with the people you care about.
It’s a great way for family members to get together and talk about the day’s events, while they relax at the end of the day. People are more even-tempered, and there’s less chance of a family argument when the hot waters are soothing your cares away.
- Benefits for after exercise. Of course, you can also use the hot tub by yourself, and they make for a wonderful place to rest and recuperate after a strenuous bout of exercise. Muscles need to relax, and the hot water does wonders for the muscles. It’s a great way to prevent or alleviate muscle strain after a hard game, a long run, or a frenetic workout at the gym.
- Benefits for people with muscle pain/backaches. In fact, the hot water along with the water pressure can provide the same benefits as a deep-tissue massage. If you’re feeling some muscle pain or backaches due to your exertions or just because you’re getting older, you can direct the jets of water to hurting parts of the body to help sooth your pains.
For some people, a hot tub is the perfect start to a brand new day, especially when you wake up with lots of muscle or joint pains. For others, it’s the best way to end a full working schedule, as the hot tub can take away the pain brought on by the day’s exertions.
- Benefits for people with stress conditions. Using a hot tub can be so relaxing that it offers an excellent way for you to deal with your stress. This is not a trivial matter, because it’s been found that stress can lead to many types of serious medical conditions.
Stress can lead to hypertension and heart problems, lung strain due to rapid breathing caused by stress, muscle contractions, acne, deterioration of your immune system, obesity, chronic headaches, and migraines. Many people get a hot tub for health reasons, and stress relief is a major health benefit.
- Benefits for insomniacs. The way that a hot tub helps you relax is so effective that it’s been found to help people find their sleep. Just take a hot soak before you retire, and you’ll find it easier to fall asleep. Also, the inability to sleep may be due to arthritis or muscle pain, and the hot tub takes care of those pains.
- Benefits for your romantic life. It’s not just the fact that a hot tub is a great place for cuddling. It’s also the fact that many of the benefits you get can really improve your romantic life. That’s again because of how a hot tub alleviates stress, and stress is truly an obstacle to a successful romance.
For example, chronic stress can lead to premature aging, and sporting wrinkles, poor eyesight, and week muscles doesn’t make you look more attractive. Stress also leads to overeating and gaining too much weight. Stress can also make you unable to get a handle on your emotions. Men have also discovered that stress can diminish sexual desire as well.
Can I Use my Hot Tub In bad weather?
Some people think that using hot tubs in summer isn’t appropriate, while others mistaken believe that it’s too complicated to use hot tubs in winter season. But the truth is that you can use your hot tub all year round.
For the autumn and winter season, the heat of the hot tub is a welcome respite from the cold. All those aches and pains you get because of the bitter cold may just fade away. But during the spring and summer, you can still use the hot tub especially at night.
What Upkeep Is Needed?
In general, you should buy the chemicals needed for maintenance (chlorine or bromine, alkalinity, calcium hardness, and pH) from dedicated spa and hot tub accessory stores. You’ll first need to adjust the alkalinity. Then you use the bromine or chlorine sanitizer. You then deal with the calcium hardness, and finally you handle the pH.
Just make sure that when you adjust the chemical levels in your hot tub that you only add one chemical at a time. You should wait for a few minutes with jets running to add another chemical. Doing this lets the chemicals spread out fully throughout the water. It also minimizes the chance of any chemical reactions between concentrated amounts of chemical additives.
Also, don’t forget about changing the water every 8 weeks or so, depending on how often you use the hot tub and how the water looks. You should always check on the water every few days to see how it looks and use test strips to check the balance, and you should have it covered with a well-insulated top when not in use.
This is especially true in the winter, as an insulated cover can shorten the time needed to heat the water. This can minimize your energy expenditures as well. During the autumn months, keep it free from falling leaves and sift out any dirt or detritus that may clog your filtering systems. This is the season when you may want to think about draining the hot tub and flushing the plumbing system. The cover will also prevent the water from evaporating.
And that’s what Top Hot Tubs really wants: for you to enjoy your hot tub as often as possible, so that you maximize the benefits you get from it. The more you use your hot tub, the more you get your money’s worth.